09 March 2009

much-needed update

I am posting!  So that my dad doesn't have to keep reminding me...

Currently have spring vacation, so today has been relaxing, I did much-needed food shopping and am watching my bread bake in the oven.  On Friday I visited Sean and Karen in Göttingen and we ate yummy food and watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and then on Saturday we walked around the old part of town which was very picturesque-ly German.  We ate delicious cake at a Konditorei that reminded me of the coffee-cake places in Vienna.  It was lots of fun to get out of Hamburg and go somewhere new and have fun with friends.  Then I hopped up back to Hamburg and me and my flatmates went out Saturday night.  It was the first time we've all gone out partying together, which was tons of fun.  We went to Thomas Reade, this place that from the outside looks like a typical Irish bar but on the inside is insane, with all these different rooms and dance floors and different stairs.  To my hazy vision it was practically impossible to figure out where in the building I was, so I kept making sure I was with my roomies so I wouldn't get lost.  We ended up getting back at 6 am and I proceeded to sleep most of Sunday away.  Then our new flatmate Thomas arrived and moved in.  And here we are on Monday afternoon and I'm drinking coffee and watching my bread bake.

More interesting stuff later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what did you think of the movie? I liked it a lot and was glad Penelope Cruz won the Oscar, she was soooooo good in it!