04 December 2008

dumb decisions as usual

Remember in my last post, when I said (and I quote) that I "do stupid shit ALL the time" and that "spontaneity gets me into trouble"? Well, last night pretty much proved that point. In my infinite wisdom I decided to meet up with a friend after tutoring and go to Haus 73 in the Schanze to have some beer and see a band from England play. Here's my timeline:

9:00: Band starts playing. They're okay.
11:30: Band stops, me and comrade hang around Haus 73 for a while until we decide to go.
Some point after 12:30: We realize that I have missed the last subway home.
2:00: I crash at co-conspirator's abode, dreading what is to come.
5:15: I wake up and drag myself to the bus stop. I look in my bag and happily discover a banana given to me by the Korean mom last night. I stuff it into my mouth and chew sleepily.
6:00: I arrive home. I peel off my disgusting-feeling clothes and wash the feeling of "basement" off my face. I slurp coffee.
6:30: I start planning a lesson I have to teach at 8:00. Good god.
7:25: I arrive at school. I am despondent and immediately drink more coffee.
8:00: I begin teaching a bunch of 7th graders about relative and contact clauses. I am slightly cracked out.
9:35: Crisis averted! I am successful. Becoming more and more cracked out by the minute, I proceed to grade 15 tests and complete a variety of other tasks. Coffee makes my tummy hurt.
13:52: Right now. I am not happy, because I still have four hours left at school, including my worst nightmare: Hausaufgabenhilfe. I hate Hausaufgabenhilfe, but thankfully I get paid for it so it's at least a form of hell that buys me stuff. I also have to tutor for two hours afterwards. I wistfully dream of 6:00, when I can trudge home, plod over to my room and pass out on my (freshly washed and nice-smelling, might I add) comfy little bed. But you know what? I don't regret going out at all.

My life might be ridiculous, but hey- at least I'm living it.

No comments: