11 December 2008

bizzy

Yeah, I know I'm slacking in this thing real hard. But seriously, this week was, if I may, turbo busy.  I had to teach a lot at school which meant I had to prepare lessons, and I did a lot of tutoring because a bunch of kids have tests coming up and now they are freaking out because they have no clue about anything English.  Which means some nice extra money for me, but longass days, and the money is going to buying people Christmas presents anyway.  I pretty much spent the week praying for this moment:  Thursday night, when I can finally sit at home and not think about teaching a bunch of hormonally charged, anti-authority eighth-graders with filthy thoughts that aren't even creative.  But my room is looking pretty boss now, I've got little wooden chairs and a shelf and soon I'll get a sofa form my flatmate Lydia.  

I'll try to write something interesting soon, but lately I've been beat and can barely form whole sentences, let alone type a coherent blog.  I have also been having some nasty sleeping problems that end up with me being a zombie much of the time.  It takes me hours to fall asleep, and I noticed that I can't stop clenching my jaw.  Messed up.  And I regularly lose feeling in my toes, which freaks me out a little.  What if they fall off one night while I'm not sleeping and jaw-clenching?   Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! You will be home on Thursday!!

Emily said...

I clench my teeth in my sleep as well..I went to an oral surgeon a few months ago and got diagnosed with TMJ: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tmj-disorders/DS00355 TMJ is very common in women ages 20-40. I notice that my jaw hurts the most when I'm stressed, but I started using a mouth guard at night and I also sleep with an orthopedic pillow, which have seemed to help.