06 November 2008

sporty spice

I started doing capoeira (Brazilian martial arts) again!  I used to do it when I was in Bremen and tonight I started up again.  I missed it, man.  It's so cool.  I like that it has awesome music to go along with the super graceful moves.  Of course I'm hardly a graceful person...but one day I'll get there.  If you don't know what capoeira is, watch videos of capoeira masters do it on YouTube and let them blow your mind.

I do it through this thing called SportSpaß (sport fun)...you pay around 8 euros a month and get to take sport classes all over the city whenever you want.  So far I've done a step class (horrible...I suck at the choreography) and a Pilates class in addition to capoeira, and tomorrow I'm going to play badminton (yay!) and some other fun stuff.  I think that Sportspaß is insanely cheap for all the cool stuff I get to do- every day there's a bunch of different classes I can go to that are pretty close to where I live (and not too far from where I'm moving to) .  I tend to like classes more than going to a standard gym because it's way easier to motivate myself to go, and I get to do something different every day.  Capoeira is definitely the most fun, though.  Except my ass is going to kill me tomorrow...

School is good, I've still got my little eleventh-grade minions and the eighth-graders are still a pain in the ass.  Please just give me the older kids who are past the whole anti-authority phase...

Um...two weeks till I move out!!!!  DELIVERANCE

1 comment:

Emily said...

congrats on finding a new place. no one needs crazy roommates!