17 November 2008

yay procrastination

Well, hello there.  I have returned, not because I have anything interesting to write, but because I don't feel like planning a bunch of lessons and would rather procrastinate.  Today I started tutoring this adorable Korean fourth-grader.  I think he understands English better than some of my high schoolers...I'm also tutoring his mom because she wants to learn English too.  They're a pretty cute family, and an extra thirty euros a week means an extra 120 euros a month which means I'll be slightly less poor (yeah, I definitely have to manage money carefully these days, the dollas are currently NOT raining on me).  I did my grocery shopping and came home with a pretty heavy backpack full of broccoli, carrots, onion, persimmons, grapes, kiwi, peppers, and all sorts of yumminess.  I'm like, the only person in this freaking apartment who eats fruits and vegetables.  I also got a loaf of the most delicious bread ever from the bakery across the street...I already ate like a third of it today.  I must've gotten one that was right from the oven or something 'cause this bread was bangin'.  And today I went to Alnatura, a big natural foods supermarket that has all the fixins' my little hippie heart desires.  I was in heaven.  Annnnnd it's closer to my new apartment too!

I haven't posted for awhile because last week I was unusually tired and had a lot to do and not much to say.  I'll post my new address soon, too.  But now I have to get back to work planning words and grammar and shit and grammar and words and grammar and shit.

No comments: