22 November 2008

yay weekend

Ahh I am such a slacker, I need to remember to post on this thing.  I had a really busy week again because one of the teachers I help wasn't in school this week and I had to teach her class for her.  I also went to a pizza party with other couchsurfers and we all brought different toppings and made homemade pizza.  It was really fun and I'm starting to get to know some of them.  Last night me and Amy rescued two ladies with children!  We were window-shopping and these girls were trapped in a store because the stupid employees locked up while they were still in the baby-changing room.  So we went on an epic search for the security guard and rescued the trapped damsels!  We are heroes.  Then we went to meet couchsurfing friends at a bar called Roosen with cool couches and super cheap Astra beer, and Amy went home after that.  ANNND I learned how to play backgammon!!!!!  And I think I'm obsessed.  I want my own backgammon board :(   Then I went with the others (Corinna, Renaud, Julien, Timon, Thorsten and a girl whose name I can't remember) to Barbarabar, this freaking crazy bar in the awesome dive street of Hamburger Berg with a really good DJ and space to dance.  It was nuts (and free!  since it's a bar you don't even have to pay entrance).  We were dancing for a really long time and Julien (who is one of the craziest people I think I have ever met) and I made up this weird new dance move where we pretend to fight, and it was super crowded and we were dancing on top of black boxes (I hope they weren't speakers...) and throwing around Timon's fun Blues Brothers hat.  We staggered out at like 4:30 and I told off some assholes in the subway because they thought they were cool and said this obscene German word used for short girls (I will not explain the full meaning here, but I will say that I was having none of that shit) when I stood up to exit.  It pays to know some choice German phrases in these situations.  I bounced home around five, woke up at two and now I'm going over to Dan's for THANKSGIVING DINNER YAY!   All that's missing is family, football and rotting jack-o-lanterns from Halloween in the yard.  Le sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are fitting in nicely with the social scene - hope you have a nice psuedo Thanksgiving dinner- will miss you a lot on T day- careful with who you tell off on subways, but you must defend your honor as a "short person"
love ya mom

Unknown said...

I think I know that word! Does it start with "stehen-"?