01 January 2009

back to regularly scheduled programming

I know I haven't posted in a long time...but December was really, really busy.  I did a lot of tutoring which didn't leave much time for doing awesome stuff and writing about said stuff in blog.  I also experienced a bit of stress in the romance department and in the what-is-my-future-department which made me pretty reluctant to write new entries.  BUT, I went home for ten days and it was just what I needed.  Going home always helps me reposition myself.  Being so far away tends to make me feel unsettled a lot, and I worry sometimes that I don't really know who I am because I'm away from everything I used to define myself.  So I guess spending some time back in PA was sort of like, "Oh, that's who I'm supposed to be!"  It's like when you can't remember someone's name, so you look in your old yearbooks and find their picture and then you can't believe you forgot it in the first place.  Some people think that traveling helps you remember who you forgot to be, but for me it's the opposite.   

I'll write more later, but for now I have to recover from yesterday's epic New Year's Party 2008.

1 comment:

Petar_Naumoski said...

Actually, that's also why I moved to Germany a year ago, to find "real me", but Germany sometimes makes people pessimistic, especially in winter, and doesn't let you think about something. Anyway, there is no guarantee that you'll like, what you find out.

I think what you've written is true. We can say :

You can travel the world
But you can't run away
From the person you are in your heart

I'll be glad if you share your opinions about Hamburg (doesnt need to be always problems of course), maybe I can learn something from you. I am not that experienced after all.