07 January 2009

julklapp and asshole kids

Here's a quote I probably would never hear in Germany:

"Yo, can you scooch the gun over so no one runs into it"

-my brother Cain, referring to his hunting gear laying on the dining room table


Last night I watched Pineapple Express in German with Rix and Timo.  I was pretty disappointed, because it's so much funnier in English.  I don't get what is with these people who translate movies.  Like, the German voices do a good job of syncing up with the movement of the mouths, but I think they purposely leave out some of the funniest comments.  Also, I think swearing isn't really as colorful in German as it is in English.  I have a hard time being creative with German swearing and still making sense. 

Today started off good because I didn't have to trudge to school until the 5th lesson, which allowed me to finally catch up on sleep.  7 hours of sleep in 72 hours was not fun, and I'm not even a student slaving away at college anymore.  So waking up without feeling like death was promising.  School went okay, nothing special other than stupid eighth-graders making me want to punch fist-shaped holes in their insolent little heads.  I don't understand how they can be so rude.  Almost all the other kids I teach at the school are generally pleasant, maybe a little wary but not usually rude.  This class, though, is the worst.  All the teachers hate them.  And I hate them too.  They take whining to a whole new level.  Example:  "Mrs. HAHHHHHHNNNN, I have a headachhhheeee, I can't write this test todayyyyyyyyy."  Did I mention that being referred to as "Mrs." really creeps me out?

I'd like to write more examples of these little jerkfaces and their annoying ways, but since I'm relaxing so nicely in my room I choose to block it out from my mind.  I'm happy because I went to my favorite Turkish stand and got a huge amount of veggies and fruit for around 7 euros, including my favorite PERSIMMONS!  Weeeeeee.  Now my planty-food arsenal contains, but is not limited to:  lychees, mango, kiwi, persimmon, potatoes, onions, spinach, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, chili pepper, avocado, and olives.    That's more than I had in the whole of December, I think...


Oh, and my flatmates and I finally did our Secret Santa (Julklapp)!  Since we were all at home last night for the first time in a while, we did our little gift-switching.  Lydia was very impressed by my gift of "American Party Cheese" in a can, Gobstoppers, Symphony Bar, and Combos Pizzeria Supreme.  My gift was from Rix, who gave me a cute little coconut shell with dried oranges and stuff on it and a little votive candle inside.  It's very winter-y.  It was also funny because the coconut shell came from a coconut Ricky bought like a year ago, and the coconut had been in the kitchen ever since.  He finally broke the coconut!  It was practically another member of the apartment!  I feel honored.
I'm brain-dead tonight.

7 comments:

Petar_Naumoski said...

Another great story..lol
Well, I hate that Germans don't use subtitles but dubbing each and every movie. It is important to watch a movie in its original language. By the way, good luck with the kids.

hahn solo said...

they were monsters @_@

Petar_Naumoski said...

after all, you know better.. from now on, I call them also "monster"..
or I'll go one step further and say: "bloody monsters"

CTB said...

It doesn't get any better here in American schools. At least in Germany there is no "No Child Left Behind" or as I like to call it "No Child's Behind Left." Isn't corporal punishment in schools still a chic thing in Germany anyway?

CTB said...

"Bloody monsters"...I prefer "weenies and degenerates."

Anonymous said...

I have to side with the Chihuahua! weenies is the correct word I would say. Big Poopie-head s ia even better.

Anonymous said...

Snaggletooth wanted some time here too LOL. She loves Aunt Caitlin.