21 October 2008

boring post

The cool WG called me!  The one with five Germans who can hopefully be my friends! I can move out of this insufferable dungeon!  At least at the end of November...given that my cranky flatmate finds a replacement for me.  God, it would be so dismal if she couldn't find anyone to take my room, thereby forcing me to remain.  Let's hope that does not happen or I'll set fire to this stupid place.

My trip to Bremen was pretty crazy.  We stayed out until seven or so both nights, because Dan's friends Gerrit and Mathe are mental and relatively bad influences.  Gerrit's really just a ridiculous, human social experiment.  I don't know how to describe Gerrit, really.  You just sort of know him and know that he gets these crazy ideas and drags you and your friends into them.  Before you know it, it's seven in the morning, your feet hurt massively, you had way too much beer, there are strange Finnish kids in your group, and you have learned way more obscene German slang than you thought you needed.  Note:  you can never know too much obscene German slang.  

Dan and I met up with the Dickinson kids who are currently in Bremen and I slept on Jessie's floor.  After two nights I really, really longed for my bed.  It was also really weird to be in Bremen, because we felt like we were in a time warp.  It was familiar, and to make things weirder, Rick (a Dson kid) has Jen's bed linens and Jessie has Matt's room (Matt and Jen were in my group when I studied in Bremen).  It was so odd.  I wished I could go back and do it again because being abroad was such a cool year.  I started to feel kind of sad.  I also met up with my old German flatmates and got to see their new apartment.  I was pleased to see that it still had the artsy craziness that our apartment did back when I was there.  If I had an apartment I'd want theirs- full of cool stuff and comfy and kinda messy and not pretentious.  We all sat and had tea and it was just nice.  We are hoping to set up a weekend when we could all go to a Werder Bremen game and cook and spend some more fun times.

Sorry my blog is so crappily written today-  I am sick and have been since I got back to Hamburg.  I knew that was going to happen, in my experience whenever I spend an entire weekend partying and being generally unhealthy, I immediately get sick.  And when I am sick, I can't think very well.  This is indicated by my choppy sentences mostly beginning with "I."

I found fifteen euros in my other jacket's pockets today!  That was awesome.  I went and bought desperately needed food, including an eggplant.  It looks pretty.  Almost as pretty as my roses on my windowsill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hahn Solo,
I enjoyed your "boring post" :) Your life seems anything but boring. Good luck in the new WG and if you're keen to learn more German slang feel free to check out our German podcast. Our podcasts are relatively tame but hang in there and we'll deliver something more daring and obscene to put a smile on your face!
Hope you're feeling better,
Ty