27 October 2008

humble request

attn://

DEAR PHILLIES, please win the World Series.  I missed you in 1980 because I was still unborn.  But now that I've managed not to accidentally get hit by a bus for twenty-two years,  let's do this.  I even remember playing that baseball game on the old Nintendo and making you win.  And getting made fun of in school for saying I liked you guys even though you kind of sucked.  So although I was super excited when my second favorite team won the Series last year, now it's time for you to tell everybody to shut the hell up and win this mofo.

Thanks!
Caitlin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got your back baby! I'm recording this game for you tonight-- I've been watching every game, and it's quite exciting/invigorating to see the old Phils do it so well. Unlike you, I DID watch the 1980 World Series (although I was 7... I still understood) and it was great!! Good 'ol Tug McGraw. (I feel slightly elder LOL)Can't wait to see you!! I feel like I'm missing a limb or something.

Anonymous said...

They won!!! The Phillies won the World Series!!! I am crying and trying to keep from jumping up and down!! Yay and yay and yay!!!!