02 October 2008

the usual

I'm beat.  I had to teach the ninth-graders today and since Lothar wasn't there, all hell broke loose.  Ugh.  Were we that bad when we were ninth-graders?  I kinda remember being a little afraid of most of my teachers, and if they yelled we freaking shut up immediately.  Mrs. Zehner, anyone?  She could be pretty scary sometimes.  Mrs. Rice?  Mrs. Wilkin? No one dared screw with them.  They would pretty much be in the shit house.

In other news, I used the Aesop Rock song "No Regrets" to teach a lesson on summarizing and analyzing texts yesterday.  For those of you who don't know, it's a rap/hip-hop song.  I was pretty satisfied.

I finally have my own room and today I went to the farm market and got tomatoes and a cucumber and an avocado and yummy bread.  And then I went grocery shopping for my depressingly empty cupboard and got banana juice and olives.  Mmm.

Sorry I haven't been writing as much but this week has been a bit stressful...hooray for the weekend!  PAR-TAY

Plus, going to Ikea with Sandra.  My room is sad and bare, but soon it shall be happy and colorful.  Effervescent, even?

2 comments:

Emily said...

how did the Aesop Rock song go over?

Anonymous said...

I must comment once again on the banana juice. How does one, in fact, juice a banana?? It's not like bananas are juicy to begin with. So where does this so called juice come from?