12 October 2008

GRRRR

Oh, man.  I need to get out of this apartment now.

Yesterday Dan come over to hang out and I dutifully knocked on Vicky's door and said I have a visitor, and she just grumbled "okay."  Woman, it's Saturday night!  I don't know what it's like having your dismal social life, but I personally find it perfectly acceptable to have a beer and watch The Office with my good friend.  Hmph.

Then today, she wakes me up to inform me that I have to clean the apartment and do the laundry today.  Fine.  I can clean, whatever.  So I sift through the massive assortment of cleaning products and clean the kitchen counters, the sinks, the tub, and vacuum the floor.  So I come home (after visiting another WG, ha!) and she tracks me down and chews me out for not cleaning properly.  Apparently I was supposed to WASH the bathroom floors, and the tub wasn't clean enough, and I messed up the settings when I did the wash, etc.  She was like, "did you clean today?" and I said "I thought I did..." and she glared at me like a woman with a piece of coal for a heart.  She went on to say that things have to be clean in this place, and I just said that it seems that my definition of clean is a bit different.  I mean, how the hell am I supposed to even know which products I'm supposed to use?  There's, like, six different detergents, and a giant bin of other stuff.  I can't even figure out what I'm supposed to use to clean the toilet.  So yeah.  I had no idea I was such a slob...I thought I was rather on the tidy side.

I need to get out of this OCD hellhole.  Luckily, tonight I visited another apartment and it was really  awesome.  I hope they take me...I can't stand feeling like a guest in my own place.  I am not paying all these euros a month to be controlled and bossed around like I'm five years old.

No comments: