09 October 2008

FERIEN

HAPPY BERFDAY CHRISTIAN!  I hope it's full of Gary Matthews bliss!

Tomorrow starts the fall ferien (break)!  No class for two whole weeks...what am I going to do with myself?

Well, I'm gonna sleep in and lovingly sip Flensburger and cook delicious yumyums.  I have very little cash money so I'm gonna keep it simple and spend most of the time in Hamburg with a little trip to Bremen inbetwixt various play dates and whatnot.  

Teaching the Förderkurs for the V (11th grade) class is awesome.  There is this group of four boys who, according to their teacher Sandra, "adore me and would marry me."  This is splendid because this little quartet pretty much does my bidding and when the class gets out of hand, they tell everyone to shut up the minute my eyes narrow.  I have to admit, I have a little soft spot for them because although they are jokers, they are adorable and really want to learn English because they think it's real cool.  What more could I want than my own personal minions?

My friend Chelsea, who is an assistant in Flensburg, is coming to visit Hamburg this week.  So I asked Vicky if it would be okay if Chelsea stayed for a night and Vicky was all wary and crap and like "well if it isn't continuous" and I was just thinking GOOD LORD IT IS FOR ONE NIGHT, WOMAN!.   For heaven's sake, she needs to have a beer or a Mexikaner or something and relax.  Of course, after this happened I promptly set up two appointments to visit other WGs that I could potentially move into.  No freakin way am I staying here until July...

By the way, the mushroom sauce I made for dinner tonight was also pretty scrumptious.  I had a little bit of avocado left that wasn't really soft and ripe, and little pieces of that made the sauce pretty cool.  

My mama and pop sent me a package! I got my Dson yearbook (sniffle) and some local licorice and tea and A LITTLE DACHSHUND PLUSHIE!!!  I saw a lady walking a doxie yesterday by the lake and I went up to her and the little doggie jumped on my knee and left a little snot mark on my pants.   I pretty much melted into a vaguely Cait-shaped puddle.  She was very sympathetic when I told her that my little puppies were across the ocean.  See?  She knows the vast hole that not being able to carry a little Belle around under your arm creates.  Or giving a Sadie a hug.  

I know the sentence before last was horrible for a so-called English teacher.  Obviously I have been speaking too much German...it's ruining my sentences.   I am chastened.

1 comment:

Tom Morgan said...

Hey, whats up? Hows life?