17 September 2008

Homies

Hi.

Today I went on the class trip to Bremen.  The whole freaking school rented a train.  A whole train.  We went to the bombass Universum Science Center, where I made a seriously bangin' domino trail to demonstrate the effects of something scientific.  I had an AUDIENCE, man!  All these middle-aged adults watched me do it and then clapped for me when all the blocks fell the right way.  I have domino prowess.

Funniest quote of the day:

"Na, Celam, hast du alles im Griff?  Deine Homies im Auge?" -Lothar to a smallish, chubby-ish Turkish student on the train.  What this translates into is: "Well, Celam?  Ya got everything under control?  Got your homies in sight?"  Celam laughs and points to group of his Turkish friends with mullets.  HOMIES

I am currently looking for apartments.  I visited one WG (Wohngemeinschaft, which is a couple people sharing an apartment or house) last night.  It was in the Schanze, which is a boppin area with a lot of cool restaurants and bars and students.  Two girls, both 23, both super nice.  We got along well, I think...I described my interests (ex. Clueso, Werder Bremen, Haake Beck and Jever beer, cooking, nice relaxed bars) and they were pretty enthusiastic.  And the apartment is really nice.   Unfortunately the Schanze is a really popular district, so they have a lot of people to interview for the room.  I'll find out on Saturday, so until then, you best be wishing me luck.  I'll give you my left kidney if it works.

Still haven't taken any pictures.  This will happen one day, I promise.  
Also, why have I never watched 30 Rock before?  That show is hilarious.  I can't stop watching it when I should be sleeping.

2 comments:

emo tmo said...

Hey, want to catch a beer or two at Market Cross?

Anonymous said...

Wait, Turkish people have mulletts too? I thought that was a Russian thing. Hope you're enjoying the Fulbright life.

-Evan (Sparling)