09 September 2008

WOAH INTERWEBS

Contrary to what I thought, I have managed a bit of web time down here in Altenberg, where my orientation is going on at a KLOSTER, which is a big ol' church complex that used to have nuns and stuff.  Oh boy!

Anyway, to clarify the roll thing, I forgot that you're not supposed to eat on public transport, and that many Germans are not afraid to yell at strangers breaking rules.  So random guy tells me to put my roll in the trash and I was like PISS OFF and put it in my purse.  And then he shut up.  Hmph.

Oh, and to clarify the Wok-Man thing, say it aloud with a German accent.  Think of a popular early nineties audio device.  Chortle and chuckle

Also, for those who are confused Dan is a friend who went to Dickinson and to Bremen with me, and we like to act stupid and make mischief.  Here is a recent quote from Dan, upon reminiscing about our Bremen group's experience of accidentally getting drinks at a tranny bar:  "I mean, if I were a female, I would be a lesbian.  But I would really like trannies because they're the best of everything."

As you can see, Dan is very astute.  I'm sorry for subjecting you to that.

So currently I'm in the boonies of Germany at a former nunnery with 140 or so other assistants.  And on the bus here there was this British girl with a booming voice who WOULD NOT SHUT UP.  And some girl who was saying how she's a vegetarian but then proceeded to babble positively about eating Rocky Mountain oysters.  I'm sorry, but no amount of bread crumbs or sauce will EVER get me to eat that.  No way.   And for anyone who knows me at all, this girl obviously got on my bad side.  Vegetarian MY BUTT!

I forgot my camera because I always forget my camera, so no piccies yet.  Expect maybe this, because I miss playing with Sadie:


thank to everyone who is reading!  it means a lot to po' ol me.  And here's your German education of the day!

He Alter! [pronounced like "hey alta"] :  Hey Dude!

Very, very useful.  Oh, and a parting gift!!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videold=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card

BYE
-c


No comments: